You're Saving Teeth, But Are You Saving Lives? Intro to Dental Sleep Medicine with Dr. Gy Yatros
Dental sleep medicine is one of the fastest growing areas of dentistry. Join the NC Dental Society's Third and Fourth Districts at their annual meeting and earn up to three hours of continuing education credit. This fast-paced course, led by Dr. Gy Yatros, will raise your awareness of obstructed sleep apnea (OSA) and get your practice started in screening and testing patients for OSA.Friday, Oct 11, 2019 Breakfast - 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. Clinical Lecture - 9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. The Franklin Hotel, Chapel Hill - complimentary parking is available in two lots - one next to the hotel on Franklin St, the other is located behind the hotel. NCDS Members/team members: $40, Non-Members/team members: $80 This clinical lecture is designed for general dentists or those with a specialty, as well as dental team members. You can earn three continuing education units.
- Understand Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and why dentists should be involved in sleep medicine
- Learn about the spectrum of sleep disordered breathing from snoring to OSA
- Understand the relationship of sleep bruxism to OSA
- Gain knowledge about the scope of the problem and an understanding of how many patients are walking through the dental office doors every day who might have this disease.
- Learn OSA terminology so you can speak confidently with your medical colleagues
- Learn the health risks associated with sleep disordered breathing.
- Recognize the signs, symptoms and behaviors that may indicate sleep disordered breathing.
- Review the current treatment and effective way to "screen" your existing patient population for sleep related disorders.
- Learn methods to facilitate sleep testing for "at risk" patients.
- Have a high-level understanding of the systems needed to implement dental sleep medicine into a dental practice.
Continuing Education Credit Information
Continuing education credits issued for participation in the CE activity may not apply toward license renewal in all states. It's the responsibility of each participant to verify the requirements of his/her state licensing board(s). The North Carolina Dental Society is an ADA CERP Recognized provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual activities or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at www.ada.org/cerp.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through the North Carolina Dental Society's Third and Fourth Districts.
The North Carolina Dental Society is an ADA CERP recognized provider.AGD - Accepted Program Provider FAGD/MAGD Credit 5/15/2018 - 12/31/2021 Provider ID# 219263